12-Pack Solid Steel Floating Shelf Brackets, Hidden Floating Wall Shelf Support Bracket for Floating Wood Shelves
- Package Content: 12-Pack Floating Shelf Brackets
- Made of Cold Rolled Steel matte black/white powder coated design, widely used in home and office areas.
- Ingenious design creates the illusion that your shelf is floating, enhance the flexibility of space.
Heavy duty welded construction so won’t bend or break
- Quick and easy installation, just simply drill a hole in the shelf to fit the diameter of the rod and screw into the wall
HOW TO USE BLIND SHELF SUPPORTS:
- STEP 1: Place your first hidden bracket against the wall, using a spirit level to make sure it’s level. Mark the fixing-hole positions with a pencil.
- STEP 2: Using the pencil marks, drill holes into the wall. Always choose screws or fittings that are suitable for the material of your wall. Screw the bracket into place.
- STEP 3: Slide the shelf onto the bracket to check that it’s level (use the spirit level to make sure). Once you’re happy with the position of this shelf and the way it looks,
slide it back off the bracket so that you can position the rest of the brackets.
- STEP 4: Once all the brackets are in place,
slide the shelves on and fix into place with the small screws provided with the shelf, using the pre-drilled holes on the underside of each shelf.
Throw the anchors away. Ideal is to find your studs, remove the drywall and drill the brackets directly into the studs. This will prevent future wobble due to drywall compression by the shelf over time. Otherwise, I used toggle bold drywall anchors.Used them to create floating cat perches. They are a big hit!
Perfect for our shelf. Don?ft put too much weight on it but it works
John Lorenzo Smith –
Was able to support a heavy 18 inch piece of live edge lumber with ease.
J. Oliver –
I missed the boat on the reviews. Listen to me now, throw the anchors into the trash. Go to big box store and buy you some of the self drilling drywall anchors. I busted a huge hole in my drywall in the very beginning thanks to ke trying to use the crap that comes with the pegs. Once I put some serious anchors in, the pegs straightened out and are holding a 2×6 shelf with ease. TL;DR pegs are great, anchors absolutely crap.
The brackets themselves are great, but the anchors and screws are not. Anchors didn?ft hold in the wall, and screws are not made to sit flush against the bracket. Works well when different anchors and screws were used.
Use a 13/32″ drill bit for best fit. Seems sturdy enough. I drilled a small hole into 1 of the brackets and drove the smallest screw I could find through the bottom of my shelf into the pole to keep it locked into place after mounting.
Worked perfect!! Can’t wait to stain & decorate!
strong and well made anchor system did not work well in my wall.
Hardware is good quality but the anchors are terrible. Use different anchors!!